Have you ever wanted to share the info on your phone like photos, videos, etc. with a friend or family? Have you ever forgot your phone and you wanted to find a contact or text message a friend or multiple friends, or even check your voicemail? Wouldn’t it be great to control your phone from your computer like the set the ringtones, wallpaper, or even speed dials?
The Site of the Day could be your answer. The site is called Dashwire. It can do all that and more. Dashwire is currently in Beta, and I finally got invited to try it out. Dashwires works by installing a small app on your phone (I have Windows Mobile phone). Then it basically syncs your information to your Dashwire account. It syncs your contacts, text messages, call log, photos, videos, ringtones, voicemail (you have to sign up for free service from CallWave to use it). Another cool feature is that once you take a photo or video you can automatically sync it up to a page you share with your friends and family.
You can check out video of how the site works here.
From Dashwire’s site:
At Dashwire, we believe that some things are just easier to do on your computer. Dashwire’s free service automatically mirrors your mobile phone to the web, making it significantly easier to manage, enhance, and share the memories captured on your phone with others — no cables or instruction manual required.
Your phone content — contacts, text messages, calls, photos, videos, Internet favorites, speed dials, ringtone, and wallpaper — is seamlessly uploaded from your phone and safely stored online in your Dashwire account.
With Dashwire, you can…
- Send and receive text messages from your computer without picking up your phone
- Automatically upload photos and videos captured on the go to easily organize and share with your friends
- Add an address book contact on your computer and have it instantly appear on your phone
- Easily set Internet favorites, ringtones, wallpapers, and speed dials – in seconds from your computer
- Discover the coolest stuff available for your phone